Colloskin is a sterile collagen in sheet form and is crafted from bovine source. Colloskin's use has been widely accepted for biological wound dressing especially for burns. It is highly effective for patients including those with HIV and hepatitis infections.
Collagen is a bio-material and its role in wound managment is a well documented subject. Collagen encourages wound healing through the deposition and organization of freshly formed collagen fibers and granulation tissues in the wound bed and then creating an environment very conducive to wound healing.
- Ideal for Non-infective 2nd degree burns.
- Superficial & deep dermal burns.
- For 3rd Degree burns as a temporary cover.
- Traumatic loss of skin cover.
- Temperary wound cover in major open fracture wound.
- Skin donor sites.
Directions for Use :
- Throughly clean and denude areas to eliminate external contamination.
- Throughly debride infected wound.
- Take out the collagen sheet from the preserving medium and squeeze it to remove the excess preserving medium adhered to the colloskin.
- Take a trough and fill it with sterile saline water and rinse the colloskin throughly 2-3 times to remove the alcohol (preserving medium).
- Apply the sheet firmly on the wound and remove the air bubbles trapped if any for effective adhesion.
- For best results avoid second dressing over colloskin.
- As epitheliasation occurs, colloskin sheet peels off.
- Colloskin promotes healthy granulation in deep wounds for early grafting.
- Repeated dressing not required unless colloskin is rejected due to underlying pus or complication.
- For skin donor sites, colloskin must be applied after achieving satisfactory hemostasis.
- For chronic skin ulcers, 2 to 3 applications of coloskin or more in 2-3 day intervals must be repeated after thorough cleaning each time, thus enhancing healing.
- In cases where the adhered collokin has to be removed from the wound, a saline, moist pad can be applied over colloskin for a few minutes to facilitate easy removal.
Widely accepted for biological wound dressing especially for burns
Precaution and warnings :
- Single application on clean wounds.
- Prevents infection.
- Instant pain relief.
- Quick and firm adherence.
- Allows skin to breath.
- Preserves local heat.
- Stimulates healthy granulation.