Gencoll Gel is a purely water soluble, non oily , clear , odourless gel. It is composed of highly purified Type-1 collagen from Bovine source as base material which acts as a delivery vehicle for the anti microbial Gentamicin Sulphate-I. Pequivalent to 0.1 % ( w/w) Gentamicin.
Mechanism of Action :
- Collagen is known for its wound healing properties by aiding cellular activity and providing an organised matrix in the skin.Collagen also acts as a vehicle for delivery of the Gentamicin in a sustained manner to the wound bed.
- Gentamicin Sulphate is a wide spectrum antibiotic that provides highly effective topical treatment in primary and secondary bacterial infections of the skin.
- Provides moisture to the wound bed, preventing dehydration of granulation tissue.
- Decreases wound surface contamination.
- Being transparent gel it facilitates direct monitoring of the wound.
Indications : Gen Coll is used for the management of wounds including : Bed sore, pressure ulcers, dermal lesions, second degree burns , Donor sites, Diabetic Wounds and Scar management.
Directions for Use :
- Throughly cleanse the wound with sterile saline
- Apply the Gel/ Cream as required to cover the entire wound.
- Cover it with appropriate secondary dressing if necessary.
- Avoid patients hyper sensitive to Collagen and Gentamicin.
- Do not freeze the tube.
- It is for external Use only and not for surgical implantation.
Availability : It is available in 15g and 30g Collapsible tubes.
Storage : Store at ambient room temperature not exceeding 40 C